Thursday 3 March 2011

A Failed Nothing.

  Manuscript by Kieran O'Leary

This started out as the basic riff that comes in halfway through. Three Chords. I began to put layers over it, and came up with what I thought was a chorus. This new bit ended up being the intro and first verse. I worry sometimes about layering too many things over a riff, as it becomes harder and harder to apply vocal melodies to the finished project when it sounds like an instrumental.

I am not very happy with this, but I'm done with working on it in it's present form. I think I might keep some of the parts, remove the layers and try to add a vocal. I am not sure if I will bother, as no matter, this will end up being a nothing song. Listening back to it, I realise that some of the sections outstay their welcome, and should be cut short. As I said, I am done working with it, and this, in it's current form, is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment